What makes up a UX Audit?
An expert audit provides a way to pinpoint less-than-perfect areas of a digital product. It evaluates the different dimensions of your digital product and reveals which areas or features to tackle first.
When setting out to improve products or services, experienced UX teams follow a well-planned scientific process divided into two parts: UX evaluation and user research.
During a three-day UX expert audit, UX researchers and designers use a variety of tools, methods and metrics to analyze the current state of a digital product.
Our UX expert review process involves areas such as:
- Business and user objectives
- Conversion metrics, churn and bounce rates
- Customer care data
- Usability guidelines compliance
- Mental modeling
- Design evaluation
- Application of UX best practices
What does a UX audit look like?
During our three-day UX audit session, you will work with a UX designer and a UX researcher. They will help you discover the greatest UX issues of your service.
- Day 1: After thorough preparation, our UX team meets with you for a four-hour stakeholder workshop. There we discuss the main business and usability objectives, with our UX experts facilitating different workshop sessions.
- Day 2: Using different research techniques and the heuristics evaluation framework, our UXers go through the whole user journey and review your product. They then create a UX evaluation document. This includes the main UX obstacles and how to tackle them, a detailed UX roadmap and priority list, as well as expert UX and UI suggestions.
- Day 3: We meet again for a presentation and interactive planning workshop. There the UX professionals present the main findings and describe their recommendations in detail. It will contain a strategic plan for the long run, but also some quick wins you can implement in days.
Exciting, right? Request an expert review today.
What output does a three-day UX audit produce?
- You receive a comprehensive written report describing our expert usability insights, clustered by topics and themes.
- You will get actionable advice on what to improve and how.
- You receive a roadmap and practical suggestions for tackling these challenges.
- Our UX experts explain all this in detail during the last day’s presentation and provide you with tips and ideas.
Why a UX evaluation makes sense
Before trying to tweak different things on a website or app, UX professionals audit business and user objectives as well as the state of the website’s analytics.
This will reduce ineffective efforts to improve the website and focus stakeholders attention on the right problems to solve. It will also help align all involved parties in terms of tasks and responsibilities. This lets website and product development go faster and smoother!
A UX audit will help you achieve the following:
- Better conversion rates
- Better lead generation
- Increased user engagement
- More understandable information architecture
- Less support need
- Happier customers
- Trendier design
- Better perception of the brand
Take a step towards better UX today
You can request an expert audit by writing us a short message on our Contact us form.
The process begins with a 15-minute call to discuss your challenges and to get an overview of your digital service. This helps us make an initial determination whether we bring the right fit, as not every website or app qualifies.
If we have a strong case for conducting a user experience assessment, we will outline a plan of action similar to the process explained above, but tailored to your specific situation.