The goal of the Online UX Research Training is to provide the mindset and know-how and to put your newly acquired researcher skills into practice.
Learn the basics of UX Research
- exploring a repertoire of UX Research Methods and their usage in different phases of product design and development – throughout Discovery, Validation, Prototyping, and Measurement
- practicing with hands-on exercizes, learning how to conduct interviews and usability tests
- recognizing insight patterns, synthesizing and prioritizing the findings
- measuring the impact of UX design changes
Why is this training special?
We chose the online training format since many of you expressed their interest in learning UX research from all over the world. However, we still find it important to keep the benefits and values of in-person trainings :
- Presentations and interactive workshops will be facilitated live by mentors. You won’t just listen to pre-recorded videos.
- You can expect to get assignments and you will need to prepare for each session.
- Practice UX Research methods such as interviewing and usability testing.
- You will receive personal feedback from mentors on your practical exercizes
You will have the opportunity to have discussions with mentors and training participants – Learn about all the UX Research tricks and tips in a team of maximum 12 people.
The course plan
The training will consist of three 5-hour sessions in 2 weeks. We distributed the days so that you can learn the most, prepare as much you can while also granting us the time needed for giving you quality feedback.
The first day is about introducing the role of UX Research in Product Design. Besides having a walkthrough of the basics of UX Research, you will learn how to plan and conduct a user or customer interview on your own. By the end of this intensive session, you will not only get to know other training participants with the help of interactive exercises but also leave the virtual classroom with assignments and the opportunity to get feedback from your instructors.
The second day will start with an overview of specific UX Research methods and their use. We continue to deep dive into one of the most complex and frequently used research methods, usability testing. We will close the day by preparing for the upcoming usability testing of Day 3.
Let’s start the day with what you have been rehearsing for: usability testing. We will take care of recruiting participants and you will try your UX Researcher skills live. After the challenge, you will learn how to evaluate the results and how to prepare the next steps. You will get to know synthesizing methods, research systems and measuring UX.
Sounds like an intensive 3-day plan, doesn’t it?
Get the most out of mentoring
The course will be facilitated by seasoned UX Research professionals of our UX company, UX studio. They will be your mentors for the upcoming training days and eager to share their knowledge. Several products were born under their supervision and they have collected their learnings from their journey.
Who should participate?
We recommend this training for teams and agencies who work on digital products and aim to introduce UX Research in their process.
- UX Designers
- Future UX Researchers
- Marketing professionals
- Product Managers and Product Owners
- Product teams
The training provides a helpful research skill set not only for researchers and designers but also for those involved in the entire product design process (e.g. Product Owners and Project Managers). PMs and POs will have a better understanding of the UX Research methods and tools.
All the details in one place
Starting date: 8 March 2019.
Course structure: 3 sessions, Fri-Wed-Fri
- Day 1: 8 March 2019. 2 PM-7 PM CET
- Day 2: 12 March 2019 2 PM-7 PM CET
- Day 3: 14 March 2019 2 PM-7 PM CET
Format: Online Training – with live presentations, interactive workshops all facilitated and mentored by UX Research professionals
Number of participants: maximum 12 people
Course material: all the course materials (presentations, downloadables, handouts) provided during and after course
Course requirements: actively participate in all sessions, complete all exercises and assignments
(Paypal or bank transfer with 10 days payment deadline)
Application deadline: 4 March 2019