Be a UX/UI Designer at UX studio
Hey there, we are UX studio, a 31-person design company focusing on digital products (mainly mobile and web apps). We are based in Budapest, but we work for international brands from Berlin, London, San Francisco, and all over the world. We have a super-talented, young designer team, and we are looking for a UX/UI Designer who will create awesome digital products with us.
This is us.
What do we do?
We design modern, digital products for everyday users. We want to make their life easier and more fun.
A few things we designed the recent years:
- Self-driving car user interface
- HBO’s video streaming apps
- Dashboard to monitor IoT gadgets
- T-shirt webshop based on gamification
- Applications to control your smart home
- Travel and accommodation booking apps
- An AI-fuelled language-learning platform
- Navigation app for disabled people
… and there are so many exciting things coming up!
Your job as a UX/UI Designer
Our team has a diverse set of skills and expertise, and our many talented designers come from all kinds of different backgrounds. You don’t necessarily need to be a senior designer to apply, we also welcome junior and mid-level designer applications!
This position is for you if:
- You like to be the one to make decisions throughout a project: from paper sketches through pixel perfect detailed UIs with wireframing and prototyping.
- You’d like to get to know the people who’ll use the product, design the flows they will be going through, set up the whole structure and then finalize the whole product with a stunning UI.
- You are a pro Sketch user, having great prototyping skills.
- You are fluent in English. This is an absolute must!
- You are the perfect candidate if you’ve already worked on some mobile or web applications, know current design trends and restrictions of these platforms.
- You are willing to learn a lot, deepen your knowledge in the UX and usability field and adjust your own design workflow according to these principles.
- You have great written and oral communication skills. You will have to keep in touch with stakeholders, developers and business people from our clients’ team.
- This job will likely require some traveling! We work with a lot of international clients, which sometimes requires actually traveling to their site. Expect some really cool locations: only in the last couple of months, we’ve visited clients in New York, Shanghai, Dubai, Pakistan, Dublin, Karachi, Zurich, Barcelona and many many more places!
You can expect exciting projects, flexible schedule, fun work environment with a great company culture and the fluffiest office dogs. 🐶
The benefits of working with us:
- Great atmosphere, determined, young team
- High-level professional environment, many opportunities to learn, exciting projects
- Real responsibility, chance to try many things
- Flexible working hours (no one cares when you come and go), our office is on Mozsár street in Budapest’s city center
- Regular team building events with diverse activities, common breakfast with the team every Friday
- Every 6 months we take a weekend-long trip when we have fun together and make decisions together about the studio’s strategy for the next months
- Total transparency inside our team: everybody sees and knows everything including our finances and contracts
- We are an employee-owned company, after a while, you will have part-ownership and get shares and become the owner of the company
- Your job is not your only responsibility, you can help us to build one of Europe’s best UX design teams!
How to apply?
The application process starts by filling in the online application form.
After you apply you will get access to our Design Challenge. This is an online test assignment you have to solve during the following 7 days.
After the online challenge, we will invite the best candidates to an interview in our office.
Any questions? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also like to share our knowledge with the world in our weekly articles on our blog. Check it out here.