Product Design Course
Learn UX design and research basics in 5 days.
No prior design experience is required.
The course is postponed due to coronavirus outbreak.
Subscribe to receive updates about the next course dates.
UX course details
Learn customer-centric product design and UX methods in an intensive 5-day UX course. Find out how to do user testing and why it is needed, create your first app prototype and test it with the actual users. We will show and teach you our UX design processes so you will be able to successfully apply it on your own. Mentors and speakers are professional designers and researchers from UX studio.
About the course
- 5-day intensive UX training
- Facilitated by our UX designers and researchers
- Lectures and workshops
- The course will be entirely in English
This is for you if
- You always wanted to know how UX experts work
- You would like to start your career in the UX field
- You want to launch your own product
No need for
- Prior design skills
- Development skills
- Knowledge of design tools
The following topics will be covered
You’ll learn how to systematically collect information about your users and apply this knowledge throughout the design process. UX research methods to be covered:
- User interviewing
- Jobs to be done vs Personas
- Assumptions matrix
- Workshops: You’ll have a chance to interview real users, identify user personas and create your product’s concept!
Product design doesn’t mean designing beautiful screens. UX practitioners understand and design complete user experiences. Techniques to learn:
- User flows
- Journey mapping
- Sketching techniques
- Workshop: User journey and sketching of your own project
We demonstrate how and when to communicate your ideas and test them via prototypes. During this course session you will learn the following:
- Paper-based, low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes
- Wireframing how-to and different scenarios
- Visual hierarchy
- Copywriting, microcopy
- Workshops: Wireframe preparation for the project tasks
Proper UX research lays the foundation of a viable design. We’ll introduce you to observation-based methodologies which can help you gather real user feedback. We’ll also help you find out which research methods fit your specific question best.The agenda of this course topic:
- Introduction and comparison of UX research methods
- In-person and remote testing methods and tricks
- Building up scenarios and tasks, guerilla user testing
- Analysis and reporting of user insights to inform design iteration
- Workshops: Script writing and conduction of usability tests
How does all this fit together and within the development context? What flows and features should you build first? We’ll look at some project examples and share our experience on what a UX-er needs to do in an agile environment.
- Overview of agile methodologies
- UX strategy and prioritisation techniques
- Iterations, long- and short-cycle projects
You’ll spend the whole day testing your product with actual users, not your teammates. During the project work, you’ll experience what it means to build and iterate a product based on real user feedback.
- One full day just to practice UX research
- Test ready screens with users
- Iterate on the wireframe (modifications based on the test)
2020.06.15. - 2020.06.19.
Application deadline: 2020.06.08.
Sessions start at 10 am and finish at 5 pm.
Lunch break one hour.
UX studio HQ
1066 Budapest, Mozsár utca 16.
250.000 Ft + ÁFA / 770 EUR + VAT
Accepted payment methods:
- PayPal or online card payment
- Bank transfer
What knowledge will I have after completing the course?
By the end of the course you will be able to design your own digital product! We will teach you the whole design process. The aim of the ux training is to provide participants with a solid and comprehensive product design foundation.
Will I get any certificate after the course?
After the course completion you will receive a certificate from UX studio. Besides, you will be able to add course completion certificate to your Linkedin profile.
How can I pay? And when is the payment deadline?
You can select the preferred payment method during your application process. You can pay for the course immediately by PayPal (credit card or Paypal account), or with the help of a bank transfer (takes 10 days). We do not accept payments in installments.
Can I pay after the application deadline?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept more applicants after the application deadline. In this case, we recommend you to sign up for our newsletters to get the updates regarding the next course dates.
What if I have already paid, but I would like to cancel my application and get a refund?
If you change your mind about the course after the payment, please send your cancellation in writing (by email or post). If you cancel more than 20 calendar days in advance of the course, we'll refund the full amount. In case of cancellations made within 10 – 19 calendar days of the course's start date, you'll receive a 50% refund. If you cancel within 9 calendar days of the starting date, we will not be able to offer any type of refund.
I'm working full-time so I cannot attend training on weekdays. Do you have any alternative solutions?
If you speak Hungarian, we can offer a course in Hungarian which is held after business hours and organised twice a year. Find more details here.
How is my personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored according to the data protection and privacy regulations in the European Union. The data will be used for various activities required by the Product Design Course and will not be shared with any third party. Your personal information will be deleted from our system after 1 year. You can request the data deletion any time after the Product Design Course completion.
Impressions from the course
Business development manager at UX studio
UI/UX Designer, eDOT Germany
Digital Product Designer, Styliff Tech
UX/UI Designer, Skillio