Front-End Developer at UX studio
We are UX studio, a 42-person design studio, focusing on digital products (mainly mobile and web apps). We work for companies like Google, Netflix and HBO, and we also build our own digital products. We have a super-talented young team, and we are looking for a front-end developer to help us build our products!
What is the product you will work on?
Our products are UXfolio and Copyfolio, two web-based portfolio builder tools for UX designers and copywriters. Designers and writers need online portfolios when they apply for jobs, and our products help them to build these quickly and easily.
You can imagine UXfolio and Copyfolio like website builders, but we added a ton of great portfolio-related features that makes portfolio building faster and more fun to our users. And they love them. 🙂
The products are built by two small teams. We are all young and super enthusiastic about building software that actually help other people. We started building these products 3 years ago and we already have 35k users from 174 different countries, most of them from North-America and Western-Europe.
As a developer you will work on one of these products and your responsibility will be to build new features or revamp old ones as our roadmap requires.
This image above was made of the UXfolio team when we reached the first 100 paying users milestone. 🙂
The technology stack we use
We are building a responsive, cloud-based web application with the stack below:
- React (with Hooks and Function Components, no Class Components)
- Next.js framework
- we deploy our app to Vercel
- we use React Query for managing communications between client and server
- we write TypeScript code
- Tailwind for CSS
- Prisma for ORM (database adapter)
- Git version control
- CI/CD: GitHub and Vercel
- our designers use Figma to prepare the UI plans, and we use Framer Motion for animations
- we use third-party services like AWS for storing images and Stripe for payments
It is not a problem if you don’t have experience with all these technologies, but you have to be ready to learn them rapidly. After you mastered our existing technology stack you will be involved in the decisions about the technologies or tools we use in the future.
Your job as a software developer
In our team every developer is responsible for building or improving a given feature of the product. This means whatever needed for the feature, from CSS to API calls and settings of our cloud environment, the responsible developer does that. As a result of this setup all our devs learn a lot, and they become familiar with all the front-end, back-end and devops aspects of our products. Thanks to Vercel though, most of the work is done on the front-end, so we are looking for front-end devs who are open and ready to learn new technologies and eventually become full-stack. We support this effort with friendly and helpful colleagues.
As our new developer you will work closely together with Sanyi and Luca, our designers, who define the features we build. Dani, Bálint and Kristóf, our devs will be your best friends, as you will work on similar problems all the time.
You will have complete freedom of how you solve things and what technologies you use (although we have the above mentioned stack as a starting point). As a developer you will be involved in all technology decisions we make. These are our own products we build, so we don’t have any external deadlines to follow.
We are a small team and we make all strategic product decisions together. In our team all developers take part in discussions about what features to build, what is our roadmap or what should be our next business objective. We love to work with people who take part in these discussions, and share their inputs and ideas.
Besides using agile methodologies, we have a real agile mindset and great team spirit as well. Everyone cares about the whole product and our users, we move fast, we help each other, and we take full responsibility for everything we do.
We are proud of the fact that each one of us (even the CEO) answers support questions time-to-time. It helps us to keep a lively relationship with our users and build a better product for them.
- Experience in using React
- Experience in using Git
- English, as all our written communication is in English
It’s a plus if you have experience in working with Next.js, TypeScript, Tailwind, Vercel, AWS, Postgres, CI/CD systems.
This is a full-time position. We have a nice office downtown Budapest, but we offer full flexibility: you can work on-site, remote, or mix it up, however you feel. We require remote applicants to live within maximum +-2 hours timezone difference compared to CET time.
The benefits of working with us
- Great atmosphere, determined, young team
- High level professional environment, many opportunities to learn, exciting products
- Real freedom with real responsibility, chance to try many things
- Benefits of working in a small team: we can decide and do everything quickly together, no bureaucracy, no approvals needed, no external clients, no unreasonable deadlines, no bullshit, etc.
- Flexible working hours, full flexibility regarding your work location
- Our office is on Mozsár street, in Budapest’s city center, with endless supply of great coffee
- Unlimited vacation days
- Regular team building events with diverse activities, common breakfast with the team every Friday
- Every 6 months we take a 2-day trip when we have fun and make decisions together about our strategy for the following months
- Total transparency inside our team: everybody sees and knows everything including our finances, salaries and contracts
- Crazy X-box wars in our chill room (but it’s okey to stay out of them 🙂 )
How to apply?
The application process starts with filling the online application and a short, 4-question form below. After your application we will call you for a 15-min phone interview in English to get to know you a bit better. If we think that you are a good fit we will give you an assignment to evaluate your coding skills and invite you to a personal interview via a video call.
Currently we have no open front-end positions. You can sign up to our notification email, if you want us to write to you when we open such a position again.