Be a Front-End Developer at UX studio
We are UX studio, a 27-person design studio focusing on digital products (mainly mobile and web apps). We work for international brands from Berlin, London, San Francisco and Budapest. We have a super-talented, young designer team, and we need a Front-End Developer who puts our design in action.
What do we do?
We design modern, digital products for everyday users. We want to make their life easier and more fun.
A few things we designed in the recent years:
- Self-driving car’s user interface
- HBO’s video streaming apps
- Dashboard to monitor IoT gadgets
- T-shirt webshop based on gamification
- Applications to control your smart home
- Apps for travelers
Your job as a Front-End Developer
As a front-end developer your job is to work on our own products and make sure our users are going to have a great experience. You should be very good in HTML5 and CSS3 and be able to build responsive web interfaces that work well in different browsers. You should also be familiar at least with one CSS framework and you should have experience with React or Angular. It’s not mandatory but it’s a plus if you are familiar with Webpack, Redux, Jenkins, Npm and Git.
Oh, and also the basics of Sketch, because our designers are working in it. In our team you can work on new products from the first line of code. You don’t have to deal with legacy software and hunt bugs in other’s code. We give you the freedom to choose the framework and technology stack you like. You can work with the best designers in town on beautifully designed products that have been tested with real users before you start building them.
In your free time you can challenge your colleagues in some Xbox games.
What will you learn while you work with us?
It’s just a short list of what we will teach you:
- complete view on UX/UI processes as a designer
- working in our unique agile process
- using version-control systems (e.g. Git)
- work with newest front-end technologies (React, Angular)
- developing with mobile-first methodology
- how to solve problems on your own
- get insights of high level back-end development
The benefits of working with us
- Great atmosphere, determined, young team
- High level professional environment, many opportunities to learn, exciting projects
- Real responsibility, chance to try many things
- Flexible working hours (no one cares when you come and go), our office is on Dohány street in Budapest’s city center
- Regular team building events with diverse activities, common breakfast with the team every Friday
- Every 6 months we take a weekend-long trip when we have fun together and make decisions together about the studio’s strategy for the next months
- Total transparency inside our team: everybody sees and knows everything including our finances and contracts
- We are an employee-owned company, after a while you will get shares and become the owner of the company
- Your job is not your only task, you can help us to build one of Europe’s best UX design teams
How to apply?
The application process starts with filling the online application form. If you apply you will get access to our Developer Challenge. This is an online test assignment you have to solve in the following 7 days. After the online challenge we will invite the best candidates to an interview in our office.
There is no front-end developer position available at the moment but we are planning on hiring new people in the future.