Be a Finance Manager at UX studio
We are UX studio, a 35-person design studio focusing on digital products (mainly mobile and web apps). We work for international brands from Berlin, London, San Francisco and Budapest. We have a super-talented, young team, and we need someone who takes care of our finances and administration.
What do we do?
We design modern, digital products for everyday users. We want to make their life easier and more fun.
A few things we designed in the recent years:
- Self-driving car’s user interface
- HBO’s video streaming apps
- Dashboard to monitor IoT gadgets and you smart home
- A range of healthcare and fintech applications
- A website for fashion influencers
- Fantasy football and sports applications
- Apps to make traveling easier
We have a diverse client base with small startups and big international brands. Our team is also international, some of us don’t even speak Hungarian at all.
Your job as a Finance Manager
Your job will be to manage our finances and administration and help the team with different operational tasks:
- Keeping track of all our incomes and expenditures
- Managing bank transfers
- Financial reporting to the team
- Doing the payroll
- Work together with our accountants and lawyers
- Keep our contracts and other documents organized
- Ad hoc admin tasks
Don’t worry if you don’t have experience in these, we will teach you what we’ve learned in the recent years. In some cases, we will also explore new methods together.
You will work with David, our CEO, but you will interact with everyone in the team quite often.
This is a full-time position in our Budapest office.
You are the ideal candidate for this position, if…
- You’re fluent in Hungarian and English
- You love to keep things organized, pay attention to details
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- You can work individually and solve problems on your own, you have a can-do attitude
- Google and computers are your friends, you can use Excel, Google Docs, and Spreadsheets, and you aren’t afraid if you don’t know something, just do some research
- You’re ready to help the team with the paperwork, so they can focus on their own job
The benefits of working with us
- Great atmosphere, determined, young team
- High-level professional environment, there is always an opportunity to learn and take part in all of our internal courses and training (Product design training, sales- and marketing training, English lessons, presentation training, workshop facilitation training and so on.)
- Real responsibility, chance to try your own ideas
- Flexible working hours (no one cares when you come and go), our office is in Mozsár street in the city center of Budapest
- Regular team building events with diverse activities, breakfast with the team every Friday
- Every 6 months we take a weekend-long trip when we have fun together and make decisions together about the studio’s strategy for the next months
- Total transparency inside our team: everybody sees and knows everything including our finances and contracts
- We are an employee-owned company, after a while you will get shares and become the owner of the company
- Your job is not your only task, you can help us to build one of Europe’s best design teams
- You get your own company MacBook
- Phone allowance every year
- X-Box and dogs in the office!
How to apply?
The application process starts with filling the online application form. If you apply you will get access to our online challenge. This is an online test assignment you have to solve during the next 3 days. After the online challenge, we will invite the best candidates to an interview in our office.