Our 65-person design studio has diverse expertise coming from all kinds of backgrounds. We work with international clients from all over the world, including world-famous enterprises, as well as exciting startups from various industries.
As a Business Leader at UX studio, you will collaborate closely with our leadership team and manage our multi-faceted business team in our Budapest office. The team currently consists of 7 people in total, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Office and HR.
At UX studio we believe in people leadership: we are looking for a Business leader who values autonomy and collaboration and believes that the empowerment of people creates high-performing teams and an inspiring work culture.
• Proven record of managing a team of 3+ people, working with and overseeing various departments.
• Experience in sales and/or marketing is a must.
• Experience in coaching/mentoring is an advantage.
• Experience in finance is an advantage.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data to see business opportunities. Understands market trends and shifts.
• Accountability and highly organized work attitude.
• Ability to identify and implement new processes, systems, and tools to accomplish objectives.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Hungarian.
• This is a hybrid position, with up to 2-3 office days per week in Budapest.
• Representing your team, and ensuring efficient information flow across the team members.
• Maintaining a positive and productive work environment, ensuring realistic workload and task distribution.
• Working closely with the leadership team.
• Making business decisions based on data analysis and market research.
• Overseeing and managing the service, business and marketing activities, and helping in developing sales and marketing strategies, ensuring sales target achievement.
• Helping the sales team members if any issues arise with clients.
• Collaborating with the Hiring Manager in the hiring process of finding new candidates for the team if needed.
• Executing top priority finance and office-related tasks, if the team members are on leave.
• Contributing to writing internal policies, while implementing and maintaining them in the long run.
• Tracking and managing team milestones and objectives.
• Organizing important team meetings and team-building activities.
• Conducting recurring feedback and review sessions across the team.
• Taking part in improving existing processes, systems, and tools.
• Regular 1-on-1s with team members and track their personal and professional progress.
• Positive attitude with strong people management skills: you are good at building trust and organizing everyday work to be motivating, productive, and balanced.
• Decision-making skills: you are good at making decisions on the spot or whatever the situation requires.
• Confident presentation skills: you are comfortable with talking in front of an audience, communicating your ideas in a well-structured, clear way.
• Leadership skills: you are good at guiding people to reach their objectives and set goals.
• Problem-solving skills: when challenges occur, you are there for your team with a practical attitude to overcome obstacles.
• Analytical skills: you can read between the lines but also see the big picture and connect the dots.
• Collaborative and teamwork skills: you know that teamwork makes the dream work and able to contribute with your knowledge and experience to reach the common goal.
• Effective prioritization and time management skills: you can identify the most pressing matters and iterate on expectations accordingly.
“At UX studio, there is a strong focus on being an inclusive environment, which starts with the onboarding and no one is left behind afterwards either. My personal favourite is the company retreat, where you have the opportunity to meet everyone in person and get to know each other better.”
“One of the most incredible things about UX Studio is that you can feel both completely trusted and supported here. You have control over your work and your projects, and you can make your own decisions, while at the same time, there are many opportunities to ask for help and learn from others”
“At UX studio, there's no hesitation to help out your peers. This is an outstanding attitude especially when it's shared by an entire team. No matter how big the struggle is, just bring the obstacle to the table and find solution with others.”
“The work environment is the best I have ever been in, and I cannot highlight it enough. Everyone is so welcoming and supportive that makes you feel they as a family :)”
“The community we are creating here in UX studio is what makes this place special. Despite the fact that I can work from home, most of the time I work in the office. It's a huge boost when you can communicate with this creative and talented team on the daily basis”
“I love that people get REAL responsibility and autonomy in their work here. You get thrown in deep water here and it's the best way to learn fast.”
“Everybody is super enthusiastic about what we do here and dedicated to bringing out the best in the products that we create together. I'm always looking forward to brainstorming ideas with my team members because I know that they will be as excited about them as I am”
“The support I know I will find from the team leaders and my colleagues is what makes me love working here the most. No matter what issue comes up, I feel safe to share my struggles and people are always willing to help”
“Being in UX Studio's product team is all about the freedom and ownership of your actions. As a product designer nothing is more exciting than seeing your decisions and the people your work with improve the product you've been working on.”
“I get great support from my co-workers, and we’re always looking to be better designers. At UX studio I have learned to listen to different opinions and understand that a problem does not only have one solution.”
Application timelines can vary depending on a lot of factors. Our goal is to get back to you within a week of your application to organize our introductory chat, where our HR manager will share more information about the next steps and estimated time of feedback.
We sometimes have the same struggle, so no worries! Luckily Google Meet, the platform we use for our interviews, has built-in backgrounds or blur modes you can use if you prefer to hide your background.
We offer portfolio and performance evaluations if requested, and we always write personalized feedback on the work of those candidates who complete our challenge.
Yes, you can join UX studio remotely! To become a team member from another country, you have to be within four hours of the Central European time zone and have a reliable internet connection. When we have in-person events, such as retreats, we will ask you to join us. We will organize the trip for you; your only task will be to travel here to meet your team!
We have a spacious dog-friendly office in the heart of Budapest. However, if you prefer working from home, you can do so, but we always recommend our team members to join us in the office every now and then to experience the great atmosphere we have here!
Yes, relocation is possible after your three-month-long probation period. We wait until then to make sure you are 100% confident in the position before you commit to moving between countries (and sometimes continents)! Our relocation package includes administrative and legal help from a relocation professional, financial aid for flights, and help with accommodation.
There are no designated projects at the time of the recruitment process. We have long-term collaborations and shorter projects with our clients. We only dedicate UX professionals to the projects once we are familiar with each other and know which collaboration will be the best match.
We have an internally set salary table, which is visible to everyone. When calculating an offer we look at the candidate’s previous relevant and related work experiences, and match it to our salary table. As a Hungarian company our salaries are competitive on a Hungarian level, and we always try to increase our ranges company-wide. If you are interested in seeing Hungarian living costs, we recommend you to check out .
The first week at UX studio is a Product Design project week for everyone, regardless of your future position. This week you'll get more familiar with our processes and complete a short project while having intro sessions with many team members. This week's main purpose is to introduce you to your colleagues so you won't feel alone during your training period. From the second week onward, your position-related training begins with the guidance of your designated mentor.